Thursday, July 31, 2014

RE: E-Cigs: To Regulate or Not?

I'm providing my commentary on Amanda's post.

After reading through Amanda's post on E-Cigs, I came to really agree with Amanda. I also believe that E-Cigs are a healthier solution to real cigarettes. I agree with Amanda when she states that E-Cigs have helped long-term smokers quit, because I have experienced many of my friends switching from cigarettes to E-Cigs and I can concur that they seem healthier.  Also, I believe E-Cigs will help with the current situation of second hand smoke.  With all the toxic coming from actual cigarettes, I believe E-Cigs will help the innocent bystanders who don't smoke be in a healthier environment.

I also agree with Amanda when funding needs to be provided on the long-term effects of E-Cigs.  Since E-Cigs are the "new thing," I believe that proper funding should be required and furthermore testing should be done.  I also agree that E-Cigs shouldn't be sold to minors as further research has not been done.  Labeling the "Smoke at your own risk." on E-Cigs and vapors is an excellent solution as they progress on the research on long-term effects.

No comments: