Tuesday, August 12, 2014

RE: Pets in Parked Cars

I've recently read Aaron Bonnette's post on "Pets in Parked Cars" and I couldn't help but agree with Aaron's post on today's issue with pets in parked cars.  Leaving pets in parked cars on a hot summer day, especially in Texas, can be extremely harmful to pets.  I agree with Aaron when he proposed that Texas should create much tighter restrictions and higher punishments because this is very cruel to animals.  Aaron has also pointed out that dogs can only cool themselves through panting and sweating, but that isn't enough in a 120 degree weather.  As a dog owner, I believe that this is one of the most cruel and careless way in neglecting your pets.  Pets are loyal companions that don't ever deserve this type of torture and I believe that Aaron did a great job in providing facts.

I believe that creating tighter restrictions and higher punishments for leaving your pets in parked cars should be implemented to create a higher awareness to pet owners.  I believe that these are one of the only solutions to remind pet owners to never leave their pets in parked cars.  Also, I believe that big stores/buildings should hire someone to roam around parking lots and check to see if any pets are in parked cars.  I believe that allowing this would prevent pets from dying of heat stroke.

No comments: